Well that was fast! March Break is already here and hopefully everyone (teachers included) will enjoy their well deserved week off…
If you are like me and struggling to keep the kids busy throughout the week; here are some ideas to keep the kids entertained.
1) The new Gage Park Greenhouse opens today. Visit the Spring Tide Bulb Show from March 8-18, admission is free. The greenhouse supports the City of Hamilton’s substantial collection of subtropical plants, rare species, and soaring palm trees. It represents an exciting addition to the heritage landscape of Gage Park and revitalization of this cultural landmark.
2) The RBG has an awesome Spider exhibit going on until April. They have fun activities such as holding a spider, search and find as well as education workshops and shows for kids. They even invite you to eat a cricket at the end of it (just like spiders do!!)
3) Two new play placed have opened this month. One is in Oakville- the "Duran Place for Kids" which has four floors of open play (ranging from soft big blocks to an entire floor filled up as a sand box!). http://duranplaceforkids.com The other play place is ‘Playville’ in Hamilton. It is a new play place that offers a fun place to explore and use your imagination. They also offer March Break drop in deals and activities so check out their website for more information. http://www.playville.ca/
4) The Burlington Public Libraries are offering a lot of different and fun activities over the March Break as well. Everything ranging from STEM drop in programs to March Break Cardboard Builds! Something for every age and every stage. Check out their websites for more details on dates, times and locations. www.bpl.on.ca
5) Cineplex is also offering March Break Movie Madness where there is a movie being shown everyday for the week for only $2.99. They are showing The Grinch, Fantastic Beasts, Small Foot and Paw Patrol every day at 11 am. Check out the website for more info.
Happy March Break Pearson families!!!