Quality First is an initiative within Halton that supports early childhood programs to further develop the level of quality care and education they offer to young children and their families.
Quality First is based on the following indicators of quality childcare:
- Environment/Curriculum: are appropriate learning materials and experiences available for children in a safe and caring environment?
- Supervision/Administration: does the Supervisor support the staff team?
- Professionalism: do teachers participate in professional activities and lifelong learning?
- Inclusion: does the childcare have policies that support the inclusion of children with special needs? Does the childcare support diversity?
- Adult/Child Interactions: do teachers interact with children with sensitivity?
Support for Early Childhood Education Students: does the centre accept Early Childhood Education students and support them as a field placement site?
Programs are supported through an ongoing process which includes: observation and evaluation of the program, self-evaluation and goal setting, staff professional development, resources and support from a consultant. Commitment to Quality is an ongoing process. By participating in Quality First, we have made a commitment to increase and maintain the quality of care and learning we provide to the childrenand families of Pearson Nursey School.
We encourage you to ask us more about Quality First and our progress and achievements. Please refer to the Quality First poster located at our entrance, or visit their website.
We encourage our students to develop their core social, emotional and self-regulation skills through a variety of learning strategies. Read more.